Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaUNESCOCzech inspirationActive holidayTimetablesGEOFUN
Municipal museum Letohrad source: Letohrad Information Centre
Municipal museum Letohrad source: Letohrad Information Centre
source: Letohrad Information Centre
source: Letohrad Information Centre
source: Letohrad Information Centre
source: Letohrad Information Centre
source: Letohrad Information Centre
source: Letohrad Information Centre
postcard
<- 1/7 ->

Description: The house dates back to 1680 and is in Baroque style. Classical renovations to the facade were conducted at the end of the 19th century. The house is connected with the name of the writer Petr Jilemnicky, who was born here in 1901.

Napoleon's sleigh - original sleigh on which Emperor Napoleon fled from Russia in 1812.

Categories: memorial plaque, museum
Certificates and memberships
Cultural monument, Member of the Museum and Gallery Association of the Czech Republic
Style composition: baroque (100%)
Services: computer with internet connection, demonstration of crafts, event planning and hosting, free WiFi, interactive education programme offer, library / reading room, night-time walking tours, sale of cycling and tourist maps of region, sale of novelties and souvenirs, sale of tourist cards, sale of tourist stamps
Languages spoken: Czech, English
Accepted forms of payment: Czech korunas in cash

Tours / exhibitions

Municipal Museum

Description:The largest room of the museum is dedicated to the history of the city, from the first mention of the existence of the castle to the present. It introduces archaeological finds, important documents, the history of local crafts and trades. The exhibition includes a children's corner with a magnetic board, where everyone can try to piece together Letohrad Square, and an interactive touch computer with lots of other information about the city and the museum, an entertaining quiz, movies with the possibility to play puzzles or open-air players. Matchmaking is one of the most important stages in the history of the town, which was called "matchmaking Kyšperk" in the 19th century. Matches were still produced here three years earlier than in Sušice.
Open to public: Wheelchair Access :NoPhotography allowed:NoVideo cameras allowed:No
Opening hours:
(GMT +1)
  • July, August Mo-Fr 8:00-11:30 12:15-17:00 (independently without guide)
  • July, August Sa, Su 9:00-11:30 12:15-17:00 (independently without guide)
  • January-June, September-December Mo, We 8:00-11:00 11:30-17:00 (independently without guide)
  • January-June, September-December Tu, Th, Fr 8:00-11:00 11:30-16:00 (independently without guide)
  • January-June, September-December Sa 08:00-11:00 (independently without guide)
Before visiting the building we recommend checking the current opening hours on the building's website or by contacting the operator by telephone.

Sightseeing time: 30 min.
Exhibition specialization:archaeology, curiosities, hand-crafted wares / guilds / associations, regional history
Your name:*
Your e-mail address:*
E-mail address of a friend:*
Separate more addresses with a comma
Message:

Weather - Pardubice

Rain
today (06:30)
3°C
Partly cloudy
tomorrow
5°C
Partly cloudy
friday
2°C
Occasional rain with snow
saturday
3°C

Source: Meteocentrum weather

The nearest place for swimming
Indoor swimming pool
10 km

Indoor swimming pool

covered swimming pool for the public, infrasauna for the public, indoor jacuzzi for the public, solarium, steam cabin for the public, massage for the public

Ústí nad Orlicí

Nearest restaurant

82 m

restaurant, summer terrace / garden

Letohrad

Nearest information centre
© 2002-2021 World Media Partners
Last update: 08.10.2018 (facility operator), 08.04.2021 (portal operator), 29.10.2021 (information centre) [245536][13_7201]

Do not click this link and this link or you will be banned!

loginImage