Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaUNESCOCzech inspirationTimetablesGEOFUN

Ležáky - pious site

address: Dachov 75, 539 55 Miřetice
web: www.lezaky-memorial.cz
facebook: www.facebook.com/PietniUzemiL...
e-mail: lezaky@lezaky-memorial.cz
phone No.: (+420) 469 344 179, (+420) 739 335 734
GPS: 49°49'55.18"N 15°53'57.49"E
406m above sea level
Ležáky source: Tourist Information Centre Hlinsko
Ležáky source: Tourist Information Centre Hlinsko
source: Tourist Information Centre Hlinsko
source: Tourist Information Centre Hlinsko
source: Destination company of East Bohemia
source: Vít Pechanec
source: Destination company of East Bohemia
source: Destination company of East Bohemia
source: Destination company of East Bohemia
source: Destination company of East Bohemia
source: Ležáky - pious site
source: Ležáky - pious site
source: Ležáky - pious site
source: Ležáky - pious site
source: Ležáky - pious site
source: Ležáky - pious site
source: Tourist Information Centre Hlinsko
postcard
<- 1/21 ->

Description: Memorial of the massacre on 24. 6. 1942, when Nazis obliterated the town of Ležáky. Its inhabitants were executed, when Germans uncovered the secret radio transmitter Libuše belonging to the paratroopers who were to assassinate Reinhardt Heydrich.
Categories: gallery, memorial / burial site, museum
Certificates and membershipsTourist stamp
Building of the 20th century of the Pardubice Region, Member of the Museum and Gallery Association of the Czech Republic, National cultural monument
Services: barrier-free WC, bicycle rental, free WiFi, guide services in the area, sale of novelties and souvenirs, sale of specialised literature, sale of tourist cards, sale of tourist stamps, snacks, WC
Accepted forms of payment: Czech korunas in cash
More information available at Wikipedia:
Date of construction:1946 - 1949
Date of reconstruction:2006
Years of reconstruction:1955 - 1961

Tours / exhibitions

Outdoor grounds

Description:Places of burnt-down and destroyed houses in the area of the countryside are marked by a stone monument with a cross.
Open to public: Photography allowed:YesVideo cameras allowed:Yes

Memorial building

Description:The building of the monument houses a permanent exhibit of objects and photographs related to the torched village of Ležáky (24.6.1942); in 1990 a stone mosaic by V. Sychra was installed at the site. The video “Ležaky, the Village That Lost Its Residents but Not Its Memory” has been shown here since 2002.
Open to public: Wheelchair Access :Yes
Opening hours:
(GMT +1)
  • April-June, September, October except Mo 9:00-17:00 (with guide)
  • July, August Mo-Su 9:00-17:00 (with guide)
  • year round all day (only to order)
Before visiting the building we recommend checking the current opening hours on the building's website or by contacting the operator by telephone.

Sightseeing time: 30 min.
Languages:tour guide (Czech, English)
Your name:*
Your e-mail address:*
E-mail address of a friend:*
Separate more addresses with a comma
Message:

Weather - Pardubice

Overcast
today (23:30)
-1°C
Overcast
tomorrow
0°C
Overcast
monday
0°C
Overcast
tuesday
2°C

Source: Meteocentrum weather

The nearest place for swimming
In-door swimming pool Skuteč
7 km

In-door swimming pool Skuteč

covered swimming pool for the public, sauna for the public, indoor jacuzzi for the public

Skuteč

Nearest restaurant

54 m

restaurant

Miřetice

Nearest information centre
© 2002-2022 World Media Partners
Last update: 06.05.2019 (facility operator), 22.09.2021 (portal operator), 14.12.2020 (information centre) [16287][13_3529]

Do not click this link and this link or you will be banned!

loginImage